The UNISERVITATE Programme aims to generate a systemic change in Catholic Higher Education Institutions (CHEIs), through the institutionalization of Service Learning as a tool to fulfill their mission of an integral education, to generate agents for social change who critically engage for a better society according to the social teaching of the Church.
The Support Programme represents an opportunity to:
- institutionalize SL as a pedagogical framework that can help CHEIs, articulate their social outreach with spiritual identity and academic activities.
- offer innovative ways of university commitment, where students, faculty and the academic community as a whole can act effectively by uniting head, heart and hands.
- be part of an international network focused on educational and scientific quality in close relationship with its social impact.
UNISERVITATE will offer participants scholarships for courses, access to the content platform, participation in international meetings as well as technical and economic assistance, for a period of no less than 24 months (4 academic semesters) for selected SI globally.
Assam Don Bosco University is among the 20 selected Universities worldwide promoting processes of institutionalisation of Solidarity Learning and Service
The three selected universities for the Asia & Oceania region were:
- Assam Don Bosco University from India
- Australian Catholic University from Australia
- Fu Jen Catholic University from Taiwan