Members of 2016 Exchange Programme
Before and After intervention photo of Anganwadi
The exchange programme enlists participants/volunteers from ADBU and UCDVO and organises a one month programme in different villages around the campuses of Assam Don Bosco University. The first such exchange programme was conducted between 14 June and 12 July 2014 in the villages around the Azara Campus of the University. The second programme was conducted between 13 June and 12 July 2015 in the Ural and Kachari Bastis (villages) of Borghat Panchayath under Sonapur area around the Tapesia Campus of the University, and the third such programme was conducted at Borghat Panchayat (Ural and Kachari Basti) and Kamarkuchi (Tepesia) between 8th June to 9th July 2016.
During such exchange programmes interventions similar to the following are implemented:
- Awareness campaign on alcoholism, domestic violence and its effects on social and economic life
- Programmes and workshops which will enhance the community life of the people
- Organising weavers of the locality and setting up groups or a cooperative of weavers
- Intervention to enhance the functioning of the anganwadis - infrastructure and learning environment
- Adult literacy classes
- Language (English) enhancement classes to the students and youth
- Work with children, youth and women (clubs and groups formations)
- Health awareness programmes and campaigns
- Help in opening of Bank Accounts and facilitate in getting subsidized LPG connection.
- Training on Art and Craft for enhancement of livelihoods.
- 10. Organise health/medical awareness and camps