Advantage Don Bosco
The University enjoys the approval of the following statutory bodies:
- The Assam Don Bosco University was set up by the Assam Don Bosco University Act 2009 under the State Private Universities Act of the Government of Assam, and was duly notified vide Government Notification No. LGL 149/2008/30 dated 12th February 2009.
- The University is authorised to award and grant degrees under Section 22 of the UGC Act of 1956, and enjoys the approval of the University Grants Commission under Section 2(f) of the said Act, vide Notification No. 8-13/2009(CPP1) dated 13th November 2009.
- The University has received due approval from the Distance Education Council after an inspection by a Joint Committee of UGC-AICTE-DEC vide Letter No. DEC/Assam/2011/6773 dated 24th August 2011.
- The University is also approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) vide its letter F.No:06/02/ASSAM/ENGG./2008/01 dated 30th June 2008.
The University is a member of the following Associations:
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) based at London since 18 2011
- International Association of Universities (IAU) based at Paris since 29th November 2011
- Association of Don Bosco Institutions of Higher Education (IUS) based at Rome since 2008.