Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Assam Don Bosco University
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Assam Don Bosco University is an integral part of the University’s system & work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement & sustenance. Considering quality enhancement as a continuous process, the prime task of the IQAC is always to develop a system for conscious, consistent & catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the University. It channelizes all efforts & measures of the University towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
The IQAC of ADBU is constituted under the Chairmanship of the Vice Chancellor with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management as well as stakeholders.
Mission statements of IQAC
- Evaluate existing processes and practices relating to achieving academic excellence with feedback from all stakeholders – administration, faculty, management, technical staff, alumni, students and external experts.
- Adopt creative and innovative measures for enhancement of performance and outcomes in the areas of learning, teaching, research and extension activities.
- Ensure sustainable academic, research and extension activities aligned with the vision of the University.
- Ensure and monitor implementation of decisions adopted for upgradation and sustenance of quality.
Unique Role of IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the University.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality practices.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
- Institutionalize Quality Initiatives for-
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic and administrative tasks.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure.
The Vice Chancellor is pleased to notify the re-constitution of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell of Assam Don Bosco University as given below:
ChairpersonFr Stephen Mavely (Vice Chancellor)
IQAC CoordinatorMr. Bikramjit Goswami (Asst Professor – Stage II, School of Technology)
Members from Administration
- Fr Joseph Nellanatt (Pro Vice-Chancellor)
- Dr Biju Michael (Registrar)
- Dr Francis Fernandez (Controller of Examinations)
- Dr S Nissi Paul (Deputy Registrar – Academic)
- Dr Sunandan Baruah (Director, Centre of Research in Nanotechnology
- Dr Peter Paul (Administrative and Development Officer)
- Ms Juhi Baruah (Director of Human Resources)
Members from Faculty
- Prof J N Vishwakarma (Director of Research, Director of School of Life Sciences)
- Dr Monmoyuri Baruah (Director, School of Applied Sciences)
- Dr Sabiha Alam Choudhury (Asst Professor – Stage I, School of Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Dr. Nibedita Kapil (Asst Professor – Stage I, School of Applied Sciences)
- Mr Chandan Dutta (Asst Professor – Stage I, School of Commerce & Management)
Member from Management
- Fr Lukose Cheruvalel (Member of Board of Management)
Member from Technical Staff
- Mr. Vijay Prasad (In-charge, IT Cell)
- Mr. Manoj Das (IT Administrator)
- Ms. Pallavi Sharma (Laboratory Assistant)
Member from Alumni
- Ms Subhra Mukherjee (Asst Professor – Stage II, SOT)
Member from Student Body
- Ms Rosie Kalita (Doctoral Student)
Member from Community
- Mr John Borgoyary (North East Regional Head, UNDP)
Member from Stakeholders (Parent)
- Ms Amarjeet Kaur (Parent of Simranjit Singh Bedi)
Members from Industry/Employers
- Mr Satyabrata Borgohain (Director, Finance & Accounts, NEEPCO, Shillong)
- Mr Manoj Jajodia (CEO, Onoma Industries & CEO, Jajodia Engineering)
- Mr Rana Bharali (Chief Manager, HR, Oil India, Duliajan)
Members – External Experts
- Prof K. G. Bhattacharyya (Director, Academic Staff College – GU – Retd)
The term of office of the members is three years.
Fr. Dr. Biju Michael