Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Assam Don Bosco University
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Assam Don Bosco University is an integral part of the University’s system & work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement & sustenance. Considering quality enhancement as a continuous process, the prime task of the IQAC is always to develop a system for conscious, consistent & catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the University. It channelizes all efforts & measures of the University towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
The IQAC of ADBU is constituted under the Chairmanship of the Vice Chancellor with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management as well as stakeholders.
Mission statements of IQAC
- Evaluate existing processes and practices relating to achieving academic excellence with feedback from all stakeholders – administration, faculty, management, technical staff, alumni, students and external experts.
- Adopt creative and innovative measures for enhancement of performance and outcomes in the areas of learning, teaching, research and extension activities.
- Ensure sustainable academic, research and extension activities aligned with the vision of the University.
- Ensure and monitor implementation of decisions adopted for upgradation and sustenance of quality.
Unique Role of IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the University.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality practices.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
- Institutionalize Quality Initiatives for-
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic and administrative tasks.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure.
Reconstitution of IQAC of Assam Don Bosco University – October 2020
The Vice Chancellor is pleased to reconstitute the IQAC of Assam Don Bosco University, with the following members:
ChairpersonFr Stephen Mavely (Vice Chancellor)
IQAC CoordinatorMr. Bikramjit Goswami (Assistant Professor, School of Technology)
Members from Administration
- Fr. Joseph Nellanatt (Pro Vice-Chancellor)
- Fr. Johny Jose (Registrar)
- Dr. S Nissi Paul (Deputy Registrar – Academic)
- Ms. Juhi Baruah (Director of Human Resources)
- Mr. Vijay Prasad (In-charge, IT Cell)
- Mr. Manoj Das (IT Administrator)
- Ms. Pallavi Sharma (Laboratory Assistant)
Members from Faculty
- Prof. J N Vishwakarma (Professor, School of Life Sciences)
- Prof. K. G. Bhattacharyya (Professor, School of Fundamental & Applied Sciences)
- Dr. Monmoyuri Baruah (Associate Professor, School of Fundamental & Applied Sciences)
- Dr. Sabiha Alam Choudhury (Assistant Professor, School of Humanities & Social Sciences)
- Dr. Nibedita Kapil (Assistant Professor, School of Fundamental & Applied Sciences)
- Mr. Chandan Dutta (Assistant Professor, School of Commerce & Management)
- Dr. Biju Mani Das (Assistant Professor, School of Commerce & Management)
- Dr. Vedant Vikrom Borah (Assistant Professor, School of Life Sciences)
Member from Management
- Fr. Abraham Kanattu (University Estate Manager)
Members from Local Society, Students and Alumni
- Mr. John Borgoyary (North East Regional Head, UNDP)
- Ms. Rosie Kalita (Doctoral Student)
- Dr. Subra Mukherjee (Alumni Member)
Member from Employers /Industrialists/Stakeholders
- Dr. Satyabrata Borgohain (Retd. Director, Finance & Accounts, NEEPCO, Shillong)
- Mr. Manoj Jajodia (CEO, Onoma Industries & CEO, Jajodia Engineering)
- Mr. Rana Bharali (Chief Manager, HR, Oil India, Duliajan)
- Ms. Amarjeet Kaur (Parent of Student in the University)