Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Assam Don Bosco University
The IQAC of Assam Don Bosco University has been established to develop a mechanism to build and ensure a culture of quality in the University. The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement activities of the University. The IQAC complies with the terms and policy of the University Grants Commission.
The University strongly believes creating and sustaining excellence in administration and in the teaching-learning-evaluation process. Accordingly it has been working continuously to improve its quality of service on all fronts.
Composition of the IQAC
The IQAC of the University was set up in July 2011 following a resolution of the Board of Management on 4 July 2011.The IQAC was set up with the following members:
ChairpersonFr. Stephen Mavely (Vice Chancellor, ADBU)
DirectorDr. Monmoyuri Baruah (Asst. Professor, DBCET)
- Dr. JN Vishwakarma (Co-ordinator of Research,ADBU)
- Dr. Peter Paul Hauhnar (Administrative Officer)
- Mr. Bikramjit Goswami (Asst. Professor, DBCET)
- Fr. Lukose Cheruvalel (Director, Snehalaya, Guwahati)
- Mr. KN Hazarika (Former Director, NedFi)
- Mr. Binod Bawri (CEO & MD, BKB Group of Companies)
The goals set by the IQAC for the academic year 2012-13 are:
- To increase the number of research projects/ collaborative activities of the University with various institutions and universities across the country and the globe. Faculty members should be encouraged to submit research projects to different funding agencies
- The library will explore the possibility of obtaining access to the libraries of premier higher educational institutions for our students and faculty members.
- The placement activities for the students completing their degrees are to be reinforced and the IQAC is to monitor the process of the Training and Placement Cell. The student training and development programmes should also continued to be organised by the University.
- More students of the University must be encouraged to appear and qualify for NET/SLET and GATE examinations
- The University must target at organising more conferences and workshops, especially conferences at International Level.