The Department of Chemistry started functioning as an independent department in Assam Don Bosco University, from 1st April 2018 onwards. Prior to this date, the department was serving as a constituent of the Department of Basic Sciences, teaching Chemistry courses to the undergraduate engineering students of the University.
Since July 2017 the department began offering a two-year (4-semester) MSc programme in Chemistry. From July 2018 onwards, the department began offering a three-year (six-semester) BSc Honours course in Chemistry with students opting for general electives in Physics and Math or Botany and Zoology.
So far, one batch of students has graduated from the MSc Chemistry programme. The second batch of MSc students are currently in the 4th semester. In addition, at present, we have a batch of MSc students in the second semester, our first batch of BSc students are currently in the 4th semester and the second batch of BSc Honours students are in the second semester.
The department also offers a PhD program in areas in physical chemistry, organic chemistry and inorganic chemistry, that match the specializations of the faculty members.
Courses Offered by the Department:
- BSc (Honours) Chemistry
- MSc Chemistry
List of Faculty Members
- Joseph Nellanatt – Professor
- Dr. Jai Narain Vishwakarma – Professor
- Dr. KG Bhattacharyya – Professor
- Dr. Lopamudra Homchaudhuri - Assistant Professor
- Dr. Subhasish Roy – Assistant Professor
- Siddhartha Kumar Purkayastha – Assistant Professor
- Dr. Sontara Konwar Boruah - Assistant Professor
- Dr. Pallabi Borah - Assistant Professor
- Dr. Bhaskar Sharma - Assistant Professor
- Dr. Nibedita Kapil – Assistant Professor
- Dr. Sushmita Das – Associate Professor (Adjunct)