The Department of Management under the School of Commerce and Management of Assam Don Bosco University is situated in the Kharghuli Campus of the University.
The Department under the School of Commerce and Management has positioned itself as a pioneering business school in Assam and the entire Northeast Region for graduate studies offering an integrated and diversified MBA program. It provides individuals with requisite qualities and skills, a supportive environment in which they can harness and further strengthen their skills and aptitudes, helping them to reach their personal, professional and social goals.
The curriculum has been designed keeping in mind the industrial and research needs. Induction of new courses from time to time enables students to keep abreast of latest developments in the field of management. Flexibility in curriculum is provided through electives, seminars, and projects. In addition to these, compulsory courses are offered in such areas as business aptitude and business reporting which is unique feature of this MBA program.
The department is also actively involved in organizing workshops, seminars, training programs and conferences for the benefit of students, researchers and faculty members. Invited eminent experts from academia and industries create further opportunities to share knowledge and work on collaborative projects. The department strives to emulate an academic culture that is on par with the best institutions.
In keeping with its vision and mission, the department puts in a great deal of man hours and effort in CSR activities. “Prajjwal” is a unique initiative wherein the graduate MBA students take time out every Sunday to conduct tuitions in music, arts and studies for the less privileged kids of the Joypur neighborhood.
The Department currently offers the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration
Some of the facilities provided to students to make them Industry-ready:
- Summer Internship Program (SIP) wherein students undertake full-time live projects in professional organizations during the months of May and June.
- Management in Practice (MiP) wherein students undertake part-time live projects usually in a professional organization during the 5th or 6th trimester.
- Internally graded compulsory courses in business aptitude and business reporting.
- Seminars, workshops, conferences and training programs for students.
- At least 1 industry visit in each trimester
- Extension lectures by industry experts every third Saturday of a month and a minimum of two such lectures every trimester.
- Exposure trip for 2nd year MBA students during the winter break / after the 5th trimester
- Counselling sessions for all MBA students every Tuesday with an intention for the holistic development of the graduate students.
- Library day is held every year during the month of October consisting of various prize money events which promote the use of library resources among students.
- A management fest called JourNEI is conducted every year and all the nearby business schools are invited to participate thus inspiring a sense of competition among business graduates in general.
- Periodic soft skill assessment of the MBA students are carried out to ensure continuous improvement.
- Morning assembly talks by students help them improve their communication skills.
- Career counselling and job placement initiatives for students etc.
- Computer Lab1 (30 PCs)
- Computer Lab 2 (60 PCs)
- Language Lab (20 PCs)
- Julhash Ali Library with 26 national and international journals, 1000+ titles and 3000+ volumes.
- 5+ air conditioned lecture and conference rooms with LCDs, Projectors and Wi-Fi facilities
- Amphitheater which can accommodate over 500 people at a time.
- Hostels for girls and boys.
- The Department has undertaken a few research projects funded by Government agencies:
- Ongoing MDP programs for Indian Postal Department, Assam Secretariat, LIC agents and freshly deputed IAS officials exclusively funded by respective government departments.
- Ongoing MDP programs for Principals of Schools funded by RMSA