Admission ProcedureAdmission to the MBA program is through a three-stage selection process, consisting of:
- A Written Test - Don Bosco University-Post Graduate Entrance Test (DBU-PGET) **.
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
A candidate desirous of seeking admission for the MBA programme needs to apply for the written test (DBU-
PGET) along with his/her application for the programme **.
** Candidates with valid GMAT/ CAT/XAT/MAT /AICTE-CMAT/JMAT may be exempted from the written test, on production and successful verification of the test scores. Such a candidate would be required to participate in the latter two stages of the admission process – Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
The MBA Admissions Office will evaluate all applications on the following criteria and shortlisted candidates will be called for the second and third stages of the application process.
- Leadership Potential: Applicants who have demonstrated an ability to take up initiatives in their work or academic life consistently have an edge in the selection process.
- Diversity: The University welcomes diversity in all its manifestations - work experience, educational background, demographic, linguistic backgrounds, ethnicity, religion, etc. Applicants are encouraged to explain their backgrounds and provide details on how they can contribute to the diversity expected in the classroom experience.
- Academic Background: The MBA programme is rigorous and intense. Therefore, the student’s academic performance plays a key role in the selection process. The institute also accesses analytical ability based on DBU-PGET/GMAT/CAT/XAT/MAT/ AICTE-CMAT/JMAT. However, we do not have a cut-off score for the above tests. While a good score in any of these tests helps, nevertheless, an average score can be compensated for by achievements in other areas.
- Work Experience: Candidates with full-time work experience (more than 1 year) will be preferred. However, this is not a mandatory or compulsory requirement. The diverse professional experience of students contributes to the rich and stimulating learning experience. Successful candidates must demonstrate managerial and leadership potential, drive and focus.
Application and Admission Process
- You may apply for admission to the MBA programme of Assam Don Bosco University in one of the
- Obtain the prospectus and application form from the Offices of Don Bosco Institute of Management, Kharguli, Guwahati, on payment of Rs.1000.00 (Rs. 1100.00 if the candidate is required to appear for DBU-PGET). Fill in the application form and submit it at the Administrative Office of DBIM. Please note that a separate Prospectus for MBA is to be procured from Don Bosco Institute of Management, Joypur, Kharguli, Guwahati 781004, Assam; Phone +91 7896758438 ; email@example.com ; www.dbim.ac.in
- The application form may be downloaded from www.dbim.ac.in. Print out a copy of the form and fill up the requisite details and send the completed form with a Demand Draft in favour of “Don Bosco Institute of Management” for the requisite amount, to the address “Administrative Officer, Don Bosco Institute of Management, Joypur, Kharghuli, Guwahati – 781004.”
- One may also apply online at www.dbim.ac.in. A candidate desirous of applying online must first prepare a Demand Draft for the requisite amount in favour of “Don Bosco Institute of Management” before applying. Once the application procedure is complete, the DD is to be sent to the address given in (b) above.
- Appear for DBU-PGET, if you have not appeared for a National Level Entrance Test such as GMAT, CAT, XAT, MAT, AICTE-CMAT, etc. Those who are required to appear for DBU-PGET will be informed in person about the date and time of the test.
- Take part in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview on dates which will be informed to the candidates personally.
- Candidates selected on the basis of their performance at the Entrance Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview based on the criteria listed above, will be expected to register themselves for admission at Don Bosco Institute of Management on dates which will be intimated. At the time of registration they will be required to produce original certificates for verification.
Tentative Dates for 2016-17
- Start of Application Process /Sale of Application Forms – Ongoing
- DBU-PGET /Group Discussions/Personal Interview – Ongoing
- Institute Orientation – 1st week of July
- Start of 2016-2017 Session – July 7