1 Obtain our prospectus from:
- University Office at Azara, Guwahati
- Select Branches of HDFC Bank (a list of branches is available on our website)
- Our Institutions: Don Bosco College, Tura; Don Bosco Schools at Agartala, Dibrugarh, Dimapur, Imphal, Kohima, Kokrajhar, Maram; Don Bosco Social Institute, Tezpur; Don Bosco Technical School, Shillong, Don Bosco Youth Centre, Itanagar.
Online from www.dbuniversity.ac.in/a
Cost of Prospectus: Rs 600 (Rs 650, if applying by post), payable in cash, Net banking, credit/debit card or DD in favour of ‘Assam Don Bosco University’ payable at Guwahati.
Visit the online application portal of the University (www.dbuniversity.ac.in/a), register yourself using a valid e-mail ID. Follow the “Steps for Applcation” given on the portal and enter the required information. Submit the application using the Prospectus ID and Prospectus Key .
Fill in the application form enclosed in the prospectus and post it to Registrar (Admissions), Assam Don Bosco University, Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati – 781017, Assam.
Download the application form from our website (www.dbuniversity.ac.in) fill it and post it to Registrar (Admissions), Assam Don Bosco University, Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati – 781017, Assam, with an application fee of Rs. 600.00.
3 Take Admission
Admissions will be given, on a first-come-first-served basis, into preferred branches (according to availability of seats), from the date the candidates fulfil the eligibility criteria, i.e., have the result of the qualifying examination and the entrance test. At the time of admission, the candidates must be accompanied by their parent(s).
At the time of admission, the candidates must produce:
- Originals of mark sheets and entrance test score cards for verification.
- Proof of date of birth
- Caste/Tribe/Community certificate if applicable
- Student health form duly filled.
4 Pay Fees
Candidates who are shortlised for admission are to pay the admission fees (non-refundable) in cash in the College Office before 5.00 pm on the day of admission. If this is not done, the offer of admission will stand cancelled.
The balance fees payable are to be paid within 7 days by Netbanking, credit/debit card or DD, in favour of “Assam Don Bosco University”, payable at Guwahati. Failing this, the admission shall stand cancelled and the seat offered to other candidates (visit the admission portal www. dbuniversity.ac.in/a if you wish to make the payment online)
If you are applying before the declaration of the results of the qualifying examination or of the results of the requisite Entrance Test, you must visit the website later and enter the required marks. Those who have applied using the enclosed application form or application form downloaded from our website too should register on our application portal (www.dbuniversity.ac.in/a) using the option “Link Application with Prospectus ID”, enter the Prospectus ID and Prospectus Key (password) provided in the prospectus/sent to your e-mail ID, and enter your marks.
ENTRANCE TEST (DBU-GET)
- Those who do not appear for JEE or State Entrance Tests must appear for Don Bosco University Graduate Entrance Test (DBU-GET).
- The DBU-GET for BTECH will examine the candidates on their proficiency in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at the Class XII level.
- The DBU-GET for BTECH (Lateral Entry) will examine the candidates on Mathematics, Computer Science, English Usage and the discipline into which they seek admission.
- BTECH Entrance Tests will be conducted only at Azara Campus, Assam Don Bosco University.
- The Entrance Tests for BTECH (Lateral Entry) will be followed by personal interviews on the same day. The entire process is expected to take about 6 hours.
May 7, 2016 - (for candidates applying before May 5, 2016)
June 4, 2016 – (for candidates applying before June 2, 2016)
July 2, 2016 – (for candidates applying before July 30, 2016)
Commencement of Classes
- BTECH (Lateral Entry): 11 July 2016
- BTECH (Regular) : 27 July 2016