Issue of Prospectus
Copies of the prospectus are available from:
- Assam Don Bosco University, Azara, Guwahati.
- Select branches of HDFC Bank.
- The following Don Bosco Centres: Don Bosco Colleges at Tura and Maram; Don Bosco Schools at Agartala, Barpeta, Dibrugarh, Dimapur, Imphal, Jorhat, Kohima, Kokrajhar, Silchar and Tezpur; Don Bosco Technical School Shillong, Don Bosco Youth Centre Itanagar and St. Paul’s HS School, Aizawl.
You may also obtain the prospectus by post or purchase it online at www.dbuniversity.ac.in
Cost of Prospectus
- Cost of prospectus: Rs. 600.00;
- Postage charges (if applying by post): Rs. 50.00.
Assam Don Bosco University,
Azara, Guwahati – 781017,
How to apply
Visit the online application page of the Assam Don Bosco University website (www.dbuniversity.ac.in), follow the instructions given, use the Application Number and Activation Key (password) provided to you to access the application form and enter the required information.
Fill in the application form enclosed in the prospectus and post it to Registrar (Admissions), Assam Don Bosco University, Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati – 781017, Assam.
- If you are applying before the declaration of the results of the qualifying examinations or of the results of the requisite Entrance Test, you must visit the website later and enter the required marks. Those who have applied through the enclosed application form too should enter the required marks using the Application Number and Activation Key (password) provided in the prospectus.
- B TECH admissions will be given, on a first-come-first served basis, into preferred branches (according to availability of seats), from the date the candidates fulfil the eligibility criteria, i.e., have the result of the qualifying examination and a valid entrance test score. At the time of admission, B TECH candidates must be accompanied by their parent(s).
- At the time of admission, the candidates must produce:
- Originals of mark sheets and entrance test score cards for verification. Any discrepancy with the data uploaded on the application site will disqualify a candidate from admission.
- Proof of date of birth
- Caste/Tribe/Community certificate if applicable
- Student health form duly filled.
- Candidates who are cleared for admission are to pay the admission fees in cash (non-refundable) in the College Office before 5.00 p.m. on the day of admission. If this is not done, the admission will stand cancelled.
- The balance fees payable are to be paid within 7 days by DD (payable at Guwahati), in favour of "Assam Don Bosco University", payable at Guwahati. Failing this, the admission shall stand cancelled and the seat will be offered to other candidates.
- No capitation fee or donation will be accepted.
All efforts will be made to facilitate bank loans for candidates desiring to avail themselves of this facility. Regardless of the sanctioning of bank loans, the fees must be paid by due dates.
Free Studentships and Incentive Scheme
Ten free studentships are available for rank holders and those securing over 90% in PCM from states of N. E. India in CL. XII Sc. exams on a first-come first served basis. They will not be required to pay the tuition fees; other fees will be applicable. Another 20 applicants with 80% or more in PCM will be eligible for a 50% reduction in tuition fees on a first come first served basis. These candidates should have appeared for a valid Engineering Entrance Test. The students benefitting from these incentives will be eligible for their renewal in subsequent years subject to their obtaining 80% or above in every semester examination.
Reservation of Seats
- The guidelines of the State Government on reservations are adhered to.
- 10% of the seats are reserved for candidates from Don Bosco Society related institutions and 20% of the seats are reserved for candidates from the Christian minority community.
- The minimum eligibility criteria are applicable to all categories.