Get our prospectus from:
- University Office at Azara, Guwahati
- Select Branches of HDFC Bank (a list of branches is available on our website)
- Our Institutions: Don Bosco Colleges at Tura and Maram; Don Bosco Schools at Agartala, Barpeta, Dibrugarh, Dimapur, Imphal, Jorhat, Kohima, Kokrajhar, Silchar and Tezpur; Don Bosco Technical School, Shillong, Don Bosco Youth Centre, Itanagar, and St. Paul’s HS School, Aizawl
You may download the application form from our website: www.dbuniversity.ac.in Cost of Prospectus: Rs 600 (Rs 650, if applying by post), payable in cash or DD in favour of ‘Assam Don Bosco University’
How to apply
Visit the online application page of the University website (www.dbuniversity.ac.in/a), follow the instructions given, use the Application Number and Activation Key (password) provided to you to access the application form, follow the instructions given and enter the required information.
Fill in the application form enclosed in the prospectus and post it to Registrar (Admissions), Assam Don Bosco University, Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati – 781017, Assam.
- Admissions will be given, on a first-come-first-served basis, into preferred branches (according to availability of seats), from the date the candidates fulfil the eligibility criteria, i.e., have the result of the qualifying examination and a valid entrance test score. At the time of admission, the candidates must be accompanied by their parent(s).
- At the time of admission, the candidates must produce:
- Originals of mark sheets and entrance test score cards for verification. Any discrepancy with the data uploaded on the application site will disqualify a candidate from admission.
- Proof of date of birth
- Caste/Tribe/Community certificate if applicable
- Student health form duly filled.
- Candidates who are shortlised for admission are to pay the admission fees in cash (non-refundable) in the College Office before 5.00 pm on the day of admission. If this is not done, the admission will stand cancelled.
- The balance fees payable are to be paid within 7 days by DD, in favour of “Assam Don Bosco University”, payable at Guwahati. Failing this, the admission shall stand cancelled and the seat offered to other candidates.
If you are applying before the declaration of the results of the qualifying examinations or of the results of the requisite Entrance Test, you must visit the website later and enter the required marks. Those who have applied using the enclosed application form too should enter the required marks using the Application Number and Activation Key (password) provided in the prospectus.
ENTRANCE TEST (DBU-GET) FOR B TECH
- Those who do not appear for JEE or State Entrance Tests must appear for Don Bosco University Graduate Entrance Test (DBU-GET).
- The DBU-GET for B. Tech will examine the candidates on their proficiency in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at the Cl. XII level.
- The DBU-GET for B. Tech (Lateral Entry - Diploma) will examine the candidates on Mathematics, Computer Science, English Usage and the branch into which they seek admission.
- B TECH Entrance Test may be conducted at the following Centres: Azara Campus, Assam Don Bosco University, Don Bosco Schools at Jorhat, Imphal and Silchar; Don Bosco Technical School, Shillong and Don Bosco Youth Centre, Itanagar. However B TECH-Lateral Entry Tests will be conducted only in Azara Campus, Assam Don Bosco University. The university reserves the right to cancel any of the test centres.
- The Entrance Tests for B. Tech. Lateral Entry students will be followed by personal interviews on the same day. The entire process is expected to take about 6 hours.
Free Studentships and Incentive Scheme
- The College offers 10 free studentships for rank holders and for those securing over 90% in PCM in the Cl. XII Science examinations of the eight states of North East India, on a first-come-first-served basis. They would not be required to pay the tuition fees; other fees would be applicable.
- Another 20 applicants with 80% or more in PCM will be eligible for a 50% reduction in tuition fees on a first-come-first-served basis.
- These candidates should have appeared for a valid Engineering Entrance Test.
- The students benefiting from these incentives will be eligible for their renewal in subsequent years subject to their obtaining 80% or above in every semester examination.
- May 10, 2014 (B. Tech. - for candidates applying before May 8, 2014)
- June 14, 2014 (B. Tech. and B. Tech. Lateral Entry – for candidates applying before June 12, 2014)
- July 5, 2014 ( B. Tech. and B. Tech. Lateral Entry – for candidates applying before July 3, 2014
Commencement of Classes
- B. Tech. (Lateral Entry): 14 July 2014
- B. Tech. (Regular): 31 July 2014