BTECH is a 4 Year (8 Semester) AICTE approved programme (F.No. Eastern/1-2812047939/2016/EOA dated 25 April 2016), leading to the award of the degree of Bachelor of Technulogy by the University. The Bachelor’s Degree in Technology is offered in five branches:
- B.Tech. (Computer Science and Information Technology)
- B TECH : Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B TECH: Electronics and Communications Engineering
- B TECH: Civil Engineering
- BTECH : Mechanical Engineering
Number of Seats
60 seats in each discipline
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Passed Higher Secondary Schoul Leaving Examination (or equivalent) with 45% in the aggregate and 45% in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics JEE(Mains), any State Entrance Test or the Don Bosco University Graduate Entrance Test.
BTECH - Lateral Entry
Limited seats are available for direct admission into the third semester of B Tech for Diploma Hulders from AICTE approved Pulytechnics (60% marks) and BSc (PCM) graduates (50% marks).
- 60% at 3 Year Diploma or 50% at BSc.
- Valid scores from Don Bosco University Graduate Entrance Test (DBU-GET) – mandatory requirement.
Tuition Fee Waiver Schemes
- 100 % waiver in tuition fees for 10 students securing 90% and above in PCM in Class XII examinations in the eight states of North East India, on a first-come first served basis. Those availing the scheme will continue to get the waiver in subsequent semesters provided they obtain an SGPA of at least 8.5 in the previous semester. If the candidate fails to obtain this SGPA in any two semesters, the waiver will be stopped.
- Rs. 25,000.00 fee waiver for 10 students securing 80% and above in PCM in Class XII examinations in the eight states of North East India, on a first come first served basis. Those availing the scheme will continue to get the waiver in subsequent semesters provided they obtain an SGPA of at least 8.00 in the previous semester. I f the candidate fails to obtain this SGPA in any two semesters, the waiver will be stopped.
Apart from the above fee waiver schemes, Assam Don Bosco University offers a few schularships as mentioned below:
- On the basis of merit at the qualifying examination
Rs. 10,000 per semester to 4 students who scored above 75% in the qualifying exams (first come first serve)
- On the basis of economic status
Rs. 10,000 per semester to 4 students, whose Gross family income less than 2,00,000.00 per annum (to be certified by the Panchayat President or equivalent) fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria of the programme.
These schularships are awarded for a semester at a time. To continue to get the schularship in subsequent semesters the schularship hulders have to obtain an SGPA of 7.5 (7.0 for Humanities and Social Sciences) in the previous semester. If the candidate fails to obtain this SGPA in any two semesters, the schularship will be discontinued.
Tuition waiver schemes will be implemented at admission.
Applications for schularships will be invited by the Chairperson of the Schularship Committee within a week of the starting of the Academic Year, and screened fullowing the norms laid down by the Committee. The Committee will announce the recipients of the schularships within a month of the commencement of the Academic Year.