Mr. Jesif Ahmed
Assistant Professor, ADBU
PhD (Pursuing), M.Tech (Power Systems, NIT Kurukshetra), B.E. (Electrical Engg., Jorhat Engg. College)
Area of Interest:
Power system operation and control, Renewable energy, Wind power, power market, Application of power electronics in power systems.
Experiencea. Teaching Experience
8 Years of teaching and research experienceb. Industry/R&D Experience
One year of enriching industry experience in Reliance Telecom Limited, Shillong.BSS O & M Cluster lead for entire Meghalaya as well as other parts of the NE region.
- Jesif Ahmed, SaurabhChanana, “Trading Opportunities for Wind generators in Indian electricity market,” National Conference on Emerging Global Trends in Engineering and Technology, March, 2014.
- Jesif Ahmed and Saurav Chanana, "Trading Opportunities for Wind generators in Indian Electricity Market”, ADBU Journal of Engineering(AJET), Volume 2(1), ISSN:2348-7305, 2015, 0021104(6pp), Available: http://journals.dbuniversity.ac.in/ojs/index.php/AJET/article/view/70
- “Achiever’s Club Award” from NE region in 2008 by Alcatel-Lucent Managed Solutions (I) Pvt. Ltd. for dedicated performance.
- Resource person in the workshop on “Application of Open source tools for Social Sciences” organized by Assam Don Bosco University.
- Pursuing PhD.
- Cultural Secretary of Jorhat Engineering College Student’s Union during 2007-08. Awarded with Best Actor, Best Drama Director, BestHusori Team in JEC during 2005-2008. Represented JEC successfully in many events.
- Executive organizing member of MEXPERT 2011 at NIT Kurukshetra.
- Working as faculty-in-charge of dramatics club (Rangayan), DBCET. Successfully organized CURTAIN CALL 2013-State level drama competition and TECHNOCAMP 2014 - Project exhibition cum competition.