The Department of Education at Assam Don Bosco University offers the following programmes:
- BA (Honours) Education
- MA Education
MA in Education
A Post Graduate Programme designed for those aspiring to be innovative roles in the world of Education. A masterful blend of theory and practice, the programme will assist the candidates to obtain a Master’s Degree in Education while specialising in any one of the following areas of Education where there is demand for trained personnel:
- Educational Leadership - train yourselves for leadership roles in education by developing the skills needed for coping with the complex demands of current education policies and practices
- Educational Psychology - understand the psychology of the student and and develop testing and counselling skills in the context of education
- Special Education – train yourself to deal with the requirements of differently-abled students and equip yourselves with special education methods and inclusion strategies
- A modular structure with a Certificate after the first semester, a Post Graduate Diploma after the second, and a Master’s Degree after the fourth
- A syllabus grounded in the context of the Indian educational practice and which takes into consideration the international scenario. It will challenge the students to engage in processes designed to develop habits of research and analysis – vital tools for reimagining and reframing educational practices and for developing leadership skills.
- A research based curriculum which will challenge the next generation of educational professionals to ‘reimagine’ education in India
- Graduation in any stream with 50% of the aggregate
- A personal interview.
- Provisional Admission: Applicants who have not yet obtained their Bachelor’s degree also may apply for admission. Such candidates will be offered provisional admission until they furnish evidence of fulfilling the eligibility criteria stated in (1) and (2) within 3 months of the commencement of the programme.